Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Late to work

I woke up on time this morning. When I walked into the bathroom to jump in the shower I looked at the mirror and saw the bags under my eyes and immediately turned around and went back to bed. I did not wake up again until 8:30am. At that time I decided I can still go and work a couple of hours. As I showered I kept thinking "is this life?" I graduated this past May. I wanted to take sometime out and travel, have fun, pretty much chill before I jump back into 4 more years of school. That worked for the first 6 months after graduation. But of course in order to travel the country I had to leave my contract work that is not consistent and get a full time job that pays consistent cash. The job happened to be in my field of study so I was content. Then the long hours started to hit me. No more waking up AROUND 9am getting to work AROUND 10am leaving AROUND 4pm. I am tired all the time, I don't have the energy to go out. When I complain to my friends they tell me that I will get use to it. Well here it is 6 months on the job and I have not gotten use to it. I know this type of structure will help me in the long run but is it by force to work 40+ hours per week to survive. I reject it o, especially at a job which is not my ultimate career. I have my side hustle going on that brings in cash but this full-time has benefits, 401k, stock options, insurance(The AMERICAN DREAM). What to do? I am tempted to quit next month and enjoy my last couple of months before school starts..... I look like I work long hours, and that is not good:(

No comments: