Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Getting in on the Buyers market

I have been looking for a house for about 7 months. Not as my primary residence but as an investment property( because you know a good Nigerian girl cannot leave her fathers house until she is married:) ) Since it is a buyers market, I thought that it would be a good time to get in. The bad thing is a lot of other investors were thinking the same thing. So the process has taken longer thn expected. I have seen over 50 foreclosure properties, and let me tell you some have been a great buy and others have been a nightmare. Can you imagine, people who are not paying there mortgage will get a foreclosure notice, and instead of packing there things up nicely and moving out they will rip out the bathtub, punch holes in the walls, pour oil on the carpet to name the least.!. What type of nonsense is that? I guess they feel if they cannot have it then the bank will have to spend a lot of money to fix it.

Then there are the properties that have been marked down 30k less than there comparable. The amount of work that needs to be done in the house doesn't even equal 5k. These are the great buys, but since I am a little fish in the buyers market my offers are hardly even answered. So this process has has made me tired. I will see a house that I really like, but cannot reach an agreement with the seller then I feel disappointed. Honestly I am ready to give up. Does not look like my aspirations to get rich like Donald Trump is going to work out.......

3 comments:

Pearls and PeepToes said...

keep at it! I know it's a hassle but you'll appreciate it later!

Pearls and PeepToes said...

oh and i am over here chuckling about your statement on leaving your father's house. Very interesting :-)

NaijaScorpio said...

I never knew pple could be so mean spirited. I bet u'll find a property u can buy eventually.