Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Obama Mania

I stold this phrase from one of my friends. Last night my friends were popping bottles of champagne to celebrate the success of the Obama campaign. I am happy that Barack was able to officially state that he is the Democratic presidential nominee. It has been a ruff ride for him with all the media dissecting there family's every move and comment. Who knew that he would defeat Mrs. Hillary Clinton? A year ago she was the front runner, then people started to see the potential that Barack could bring to the presidency. Some people think that I am against Obama for president, others think that I want to vote for McCain. Not stating who I am backing explicitly, I just like to get people to really think about who they really want for president. I really don't like to hear "I am voting for Barack because he is black", " I am voting for Hillary because she is a woman". What makes sense to say is " I am voting for ...... because they have a track record of supporting causes that are in line with my views, or that I support.... because I believe that he/she will bring change to our downward slopping economy" That being said congrats again to Barack Obama. A couple of things I liked about his speech last night was one that he really did not focus so much on himself. He talked about his component Hillary Clinton with high regards. He was pretty much inviting her to be the VP on his ticket. I think I heard while I was dozing off that he even called her to congratulate and wanted to have a sit down with her. The only thing I see that could be a problem between the two of them being on the same ticket is that Clinton will have to learn to be a follower in most cases and let Obama lead. There personalities may clash then it will be like Olusegun Obasanjo and his VP Atiku Abubakar who never really got along.
Then he spoke about McCain and brought up the facts of how he has stood by Bush and his policies. The funny thing is that this hall in MN is the same one McCain will accept the Republican nomination later on this year.

But did you see his lovely wife?!?!? When she walks out she demands attention. I am not sure if it is her height or the contrast of there complexion but when she stepped out in that purple dress and those pearls I looked on with admiration. Supporters say "Barack Obama's wife, Michelle, combines the poise of Jackie Kennedy with the brain of Hillary Clinton and the uncomplicated charm of Laura Bush.". I concur. I really admire this woman. She is able to balance out her career and her family and still look good. I hope that I will be able to do that when I leave law school..... I am sure that because you have not heard any gossip about their relationship and the fact that she seems so well balanced it has made Barack a better candidate in an Americans eyes. A black man with no extramarital affairs?!!? To shocking for some to comprehend:)

2 comments:

Pearls and PeepToes said...

hey girl! long time :-). I had to comment on this particular post because...well...heck yea!!

NigerianAmerican said...

Funny!! How are you? I like your new layout... I need to take some time out and be creative:)