Thursday, June 12, 2008

The HEAT is on

It is hot.... For those of us in the ATL we should be used to the heat. But I am not. The last couple of Summers I have spent them in Germany or Nigeria. I know you may think well Nigeria is hot, well it is a whole different kind of heat compared to the ATL. As soon as I walked out the doors of my job yesterday afternoon i was choked by the heat. I felt horrible. Instantly my neck became moist with sweat, that is not cool when you are being cute. In Nigeria I expect it to be hot. Actually I could care less if I am sweating. When I am back home, my bush mentality comes out full force so I could care less if I am drenched with sweat.
I walk to my car, and as I approached my car I see brown spots all over my seats and windshield. Then I remember my friend gave me a peps.i the night before. I was PISSED. The can was on the seat with the remainder of the soda dripping on my nice leather seats. I gracefully emptied a plastic bag that was holding a recent buy from DSW and used it to sit on. My steering wheel sticky, my moon roof super sticky, just disgusting. So I spent the afternoon hand cleaning my the inside of my car( I refused to pay the guy off of Jimmy Carter $50.00 to clean it).
That being said I am sure others know better, I normally do.... Good thing it was leather not cloth because I would have had to use next weeks gas money to clean my car.

1 comment:

Pearls and PeepToes said...

LOL @ using gas money to clean the car! this heat is unbearable.