Thursday, June 12, 2008

?The effects of spending to much time with your boyfriend/girlfriend?

Should you only see your significant other a specific amount of hours per week? If both of you work at least 40 hours a week, work out, hang with your platonic friends, and have some personal time... how much time should you dedicate to showing your partner some attention? Does it depend on your age? Length of the relationship? What about constantly sleeping over? Is that still a taboo? Everybody likes there space...I guess it should be ok to see your personal person 5 out of 7 days of a week..?... Not really sure, you can really just like being around someone. Or you may just like sleeping in the bed with that special person. I don't know?? How can you miss someone if you are always together? But how do you get to know the person and there ways if you don't spend enough time together? Can you get bored if your together but doing new things? Looking for lots of feedback.........

2 comments:

Pearls and PeepToes said...

Hmmmm. I donno, I think it depends on the couple. I personally enjoy time with myself and I take every opportunity I can get to do so, boyfriend or not. I need it for my sanity and for his, frankly. I don't mind the sleeping over part. If people feel like their relationships are lacking time well spent, then they might want to consider incorporating significant others into daily lives - work out together, or invite his friends and your friends and you all hang out. In the end, the ability of a relationship to last long depends on how well your lives compliment each other. However, there are people who neglect their friends/other things the moment they are in a relationship. That's unhealthy. To me, it shows that the person already believes that his/her life can't coexist with this new relationship, which means the relationship is already based on a lie. Ah. I talk too much jare. LOL

NigerianAmerican said...

I understand what you mean.... I dont know this whole relationship stuff is another fulltime job:)