Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Speed Dating

My weekend started early last week. Thursday night me and one of my girlfriends went speed dating. Hosted by Elle from V103 and PALM with AT&T. Very interesting experience. They were giving out cell phones if you have the best pick up line and also just randomly. Sutra Lounge(?) was a good place for the event. Started around 7pm ended around 11pm. Free food, wine and beer. We went with the intention of just trying something new, not to find our next love. When we walked in there was not a fine lookn man in sight:) They split us up according to our age group and as well as age groups you may be interested. Then they give us a card where we can list the individual names that we meet. Either put a yes or no by the persons name. If the other person puts a yes then the speed dating company will send your info to him/her. They were even giving away a romantic dinner and a ride in a limo. The guys I met were just not my type. Some may have been appealing but........


My girlfriend saw one that had nice conversation. "Would be a cool friend". So after the main dating part there is more mix and mingle. The alcohol started to smell on some of the guys breath. I knew it was time for me to head back to Gwinnett. Then my girlfriend brought up a great idea. We should do one of these for our African community. NICE!!! So that is what we are going to do. We know our African women may be a little apprehensive about this type of activity but you can make it out to whatever you want. Whether networking, mingling, dating or just pure FUN!!! So ladies and gents get ready for an invitation to come your way.


OK..so Friday I stayed home to prepare for Saturday.


Saturday: Graduation!! My cousin graduated from GSU. I am so proud of her. She is so glad that school is over at least for now. She wants to pursue her masters. I think this is a great idea. These days a Bachelors Degree is worth more like a high school diploma. Everyone has one, so in order to stick out from the crowd when applying for a job a higher level of education is needed or some other accomplishments.


After the graduation that was held at the GA Dome, we went out to eat. About 40 of us. We sent the server up and down.. I felt bad for her, she was showing her irritation. Her strong New York accent came across the table loud and clear. Over all the day was fun but draining. I got home around 11pm and fell OUT.


Sunday: Happy Mothers Day!!! Got up real early started cooking breakfast for my mom. My sis took over after a while, because I needed more sleep. When I woke up my aunt had come over, food was cooked and finished, and a loud Nigerian movie was echoing our downstairs. My mom loves the gifts we get her all year so on specific days she prefers CASH. So, I got her a vase full of orchards( one of my favorite flowers) in white, pink and purple, and of course some cash. I relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Then off to bed early to start my lovely work week.

What did you do?

No comments: