Monday, May 5, 2008

Savannah there I went:)


The month has started off nicely. The weekend was a blast. Visited Savannah on Saturday morning. Nice town...has a romantic feel to it in the evening. Couples everywhere, showing how much they care about each other. The drive was a nice one. I spent time catching up with my friends over the phone while I drove. When I reached Savannah, upon persuasion I decided to do one of those guided tours around the historical district. I actually visited Savannah when I was younger with my daddy, but could not remember anything, so this was a good idea. The architectural design in The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist was very intriguing. It was established by French immigrants as Savannah's first parish at the end of the 18th century. The French immigrants went to Savannah after an uprising in Haiti. They also recently erected a monument to show tribute to the 750 Haitian soldiers that fought alongside colonial troops against the British in the Siege of Savannah on Oct. 9, 1779. The monument was tall and bronze with 4 or 5 soldier and a drummer boy. The interesting thing about the drummer boy was that it is of Henry Christophe, the first king of Haiti, who participated in the battle at age 14. I heard that the Haitian population is very strong in Savannah, but I didn't see any first hand.

Over all: A nice trip, it was super to get away. Now I need to save up to spend a couple of days in Los Angeles....


This year has really been speeding. I want it to slow down a little so that I can enjoy all the nice things that are happening to me. I am blessed and highly favored(the new thing to say..) and so happy and grateful for what he has done for me.


There are so many things that I am trying to accomplish by August, I just hope time does not go so fast that I don't accomplish all.

No comments: