Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My thoughts on 01/20/09

I will remember this day vividly. As I rolled my book bag toward the law school for my 10am class. I am thinking I should have done what my fellow colleagues did today and take an “Obama Day.” Then I think “Obama has his law degree, I need to focus on getting mine” Nevertheless, I would have enjoyed watching all the events in the comfort of my bed.

12:05pm 01/20/08----As I sit in the civil rights room of the Law center, I am getting emotional(not normal for me)

Here are some of the quotes that I found captivating. Enjoy.

“time has come to set aside childish things”(that goes for government as well as individuals)

“The god given quality that all are free”
“Greatness is never a gift it must be earned”
“we need to be Risk takers, the doers”

“raise health care qualities and lower its prices”
“We are the keepers of this legacy”
“The understanding between nations”

Oh, I am looking out in the crowd, I just say John Lewis(spoke at my undergraduate graduation)

“Our spirit is strong and we cannot be outlasted”
“Shaped by every language and culture”
“The old hatreds will someday pass”
“Your people will judge you on what you will build not what you will destruct”
“A man who’s father more than 60 years ago would not have been served is now taking a most sacred oath”
“Quoted George Washington”
Personal responsibility
“Don’t sit on the side line….need to be a society of doing”

Joseph E Lowery gave the benediction-hold on to the spirit of fellowship…let us take it back with us to our schools, our home, our jobs

“… Brown will stick around, yellow will keep it mellow, Where white will choose what is right…….”

No comments: