Friday, February 20, 2009

Mardi Gras!!!


Why is Mardi Gras such a big deal? Those who follow this celebration are really hyped up. I can just imagine how I-10 looks right now. Classmates have gotten there hair done and are on there way to partake in the festivities. I have been to Mardi Gras about 3 times and I do not know what all the fuss is about. I have done some googling and have found out the Mardi Gras literally means Fat Tuesday. It is the day right before Ash Wednesday, which signifies the beginning of Lent. It is traditionally the last day for Catholics to indulge before the fast. Mardi Gras is the feast before the fast. So can I presume that Mardi Gras is a Catholic holiday? Anyway, its very interesting that the background of Mardi Gras come from a religion. Considering all the booze, and flashing that goes on.

No comments: