Sunday, September 28, 2008

Junk in the trunk

In order to move forward in any endeavour you have to remove the "junk from your trunk" listening to Bishop TD Jakes that message really stood out to me. Not only am I guilty of taking load with me, sooo many of the people around me do the same. I wonder why? We know what did not work in a previous relationship (not just man/woman relationship but also work.) Yet we keep carrying those bad habits with us. Lets us focus on cleaning out our trunks. Throw out the snappy mood, nasty behavior, uncontrollable gossip, put away those old pictures, those items that will trigger some memorable occasions. If you really want to move on this is the key. Bishop TD Jakes made reference to the The Greek mythology story of Sisyphus. He was cursed to roll a huge boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll down again, and to repeat this throughout eternity. This is sort of what alot of us do. Go through one situation with someone and then move to the next one doing the same thing. We keep rolling that same boulder up the hill and never getting over the hill. I hope I am explaining it properly( it made sense to me:)) Anyway that being said, what I took from the message is leave the baggage, and move forward load free.

No comments: